We are committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all children in school and, through our policies, procedures and attitudes, strive to promote a culture of shared responsibility for all aspects of safeguarding. All North Yorkshire schools, including Croft Church of England Primary School, follow the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership procedures.
We work hard to ensure that:
- we employ staff and volunteers who are suitable to work with children
- our policies and procedures are understood and adhered to by all staff at all times
- there are clear expectations and boundaries for behaviour of children, staff and volunteers
- children are taught strategies for recognising and dealing with dangers.
- all staff and volunteers are confident in dealing with concerns about the safety or welfare of a child, and that there are rigorous procedures in place for following up concerns.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy, which can be viewed on our policies page.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Simon Robson Head Teacher.
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are Mr Jack Conway Associate Assistant Head Teacher and Miss Kerry Wilford Out of School Club Manager.
The Governors with responsibility for safeguarding in our school are Mrs Alison Russell, Chair of Governors and Mr Derek Blenkharn.