Advanced Teaching Assistant KS2 and Midday Day Supervisory Assistant
Closing Date 11th February 2019
Band 5 ATA / MSA Band 3
Minimum Age Requirement
ATA – 25 / MSA-5 Hours per week
Established Term Time Only
Application Closing Date
11 Feb 2019
Salary Range (From and To)
£11,740.78 – 12,430.59 (pro-rata)
Venue for Interview
Croft Church of England Primary School, South Parade, Croft on Tees, DL2 2SP
The Head Teacher and Governors of Croft Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic Advanced Teaching Assistant to work in KS2.
What we can offer:
* A wonderful place to work, learn and develop
* Pupils with excellent behaviour and a thirst for knowledge
* Happy and welcoming pupils, staff, governors and parents
* Exciting visions for the future
* Warm, collegiate and supportive environment
* Opportunity to work in collaboration with other schools as part of the Dales Academies Trust
* A chance to be part of a caring, Christian environment
* High quality Continuous Professional Development
We are looking for a candidate who is:
* Dedicated to high-standards and expectations
* An enthusiastic and flexible team player with the desire to motivate and inspire others
* An excellent communicator with a secure knowledge and understanding of English, Maths and Science to support the teaching of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
* Able to support pupil assessment and tracking of pupil progress and attainment and deliver interventions
* Able to offer curriculum strengths that meet needs of the school
* Able to lead and support others
* Energetic, positive, flexible with an I can-do attitude
* Ambitious with a desire to develop their career
* Personable with a good sense of humour
* Willing to support the Christian ethos of the school
The role will involve:
* Working under the direction of the class teacher in assisting in and contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the learning process
* With the class/subject teacher, planning and delivering interventions and group teaching activities with clear objectives and appropriate learning outcomes
* Leading and managing an area of school improvement
* Providing support for the class teacher in areas of curriculum strengths that meet the needs of the school
* Providing first instance relief cover for the class teacher (planning and guidance to be supported by class teacher)
* Establishing rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with staff, governors, pupils, their families and carers, and other agencies / professionals and communicating effectively with them
* Being responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils in line with policy and legislation, raising concerns as appropriate
The successful candidate will become part of a team which is enthusiastically driving the school forward and building upon its achievements and strengths. We are a warm, inclusive family school with a strong Christian ethos, a sense of community and a commitment to excellence for all children in our care. We aim to ensure that our children feel safe, happy and achieve their potential as a unique individual and as a learner. Christian values are at the heart of all that we are trying to achieve.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is also committed to safer recruitment procedures. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
We would love to meet you prior to your application! If you would like to request an application pack or arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office and speak Mrs Kate Banks (01325 720528 or email email@example.com).
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th February 2019 (noon)
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please email school for an application pack.