Our school uniform can be ordered on line from Emblematic Ltd. Postage is free for orders delivered to school. Items can be viewed and ordered at https://studentuniform.co.uk/croft146
It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos and promotes equality, positive behaviour, standards and safety.
Our policy is based on the belief that a school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a feeling of belonging
- is practical and sensible
- identifies the children within the school
- is not distracting in the learning environment (as fashion clothing and accessories can be)
- makes children feel equal to one another in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents
School uniform in Y1-Y6 is as follows:
- Grey skirt, pinafore or tailored trousers
- Grey trousers or shorts
- Royal blue V neck jumper or cardigan
- Light blue or white shirt/polo shirt/blouse
- Royal blue or grey tights
- Blue and white dress
- Royal blue and light blue striped tie
- Royal blue fleece or weather-proof reversible royal blue fleece
Early Years (Reception and Nursery):
We recommend that pupils wear royal blue sweatshirts, black jogging bottoms or shorts and white polo shirts as outdoor learning is an essential element of the early years curriculum. Uniform is not compulsory for Nursery aged children. However, all early years pupils should have a spare outdoor coat, water-proof trousers and wellingtons at all times throughout the year.
- All black school shoes (no open toes)
- All black training shoes
- All black boots (no UGG style, suede or soft boots)
- Wellingtons (in snow)
PE is a statutory element of learning in the National Curriculum and it is essential that pupils always have the appropriate clothing in school.
The following kit is required and should come into school in the drawstring bag provided when pupils begin school. Additional bags can be purchased from the school office.
- Black or dark blue shorts
- Plain white polo shirt or T-shirt
- Plain black or dark blue jogging trousers/sweatshirt (for outdoor use only)
- Trainers (outdoors)
- Plimsolls (indoors)
- Appropriate equipment for specific elements of PE eg shin pads and boots for football
- Long, shoulder length hair must be tied back for hygiene and health and safety reasons (all pupils)
- No braids or clip on extensions
- Simple head bands, bobbles and hair ties only
- Hair styles should be sensible and appropriate for school
Jewellery and make-up
- A watch can be worn
- Small ear studs only
- No other jewellery or accessories except for religious or medical reasons
- Nail varnish or transfers must not be worn
All clothing and footwear MUST be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
The school cannot accept responsibility for any lost items.
Role of the school staff:
- School staff will speak to children who do not wear the correct uniform in the first instance.
- If children continue to not adhere to the school’s policy, a policy reminder will be sent out to parents with a request to ensure that the policy is subsequently followed.
Role of the head teacher and governors:
- The head teacher is to ensure that pupils comply with the uniform policy agreed by the governing body.
- The head teacher will make contact with the parents of children who persistently do not follow school uniform guidelines.
Role of the Parents/Guardians
- To ensure that their child/children adhere to the school’s uniform policy.
- To ensure that their child/children come to school in uniform everyday unless there are special circumstances such as agreed non-uniform days.
- To ensure that all uniform is labelled clearly.